[TowerTalk] Connectors and Legal Actions

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors and Legal Actions
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 11:48:15 -0700
Before I ask my question, it has been interesting to read the wide set of
positions on what folks think a manufacturer could or should do when someone
disses their product.

I agree that we all have a right to take legal action, but don’t think one
should first tackle the problem through other more suitable methods. To often
lawsuits are, IMHO, frivolous. These actions tie up courts and the supporting
staff that we support through taxes, wasting some pretty expensive resources
better spent on issues more important, like dealing with crime (as an example).

The question – What are the drawbacks, if any, relative to the use of standard
right angle HF coax connectors?  I want to use an old 6 position RatPak
switchbox I have (SO-239 connectors), but the depth of the unit for the Carlon
wx box I want to mount it in would require a pretty severe bend in the cables
coming up from the bottom. So, I thought of the right angle connectors. I was
unable to find any negative issues with my cursory look around the resources I
have or a quick look on the internet. Has probably come up as a topic
someplace. Thoughts?

Don W7WLL