Re: [TowerTalk] Right Angle Connectors

To: "'Don W7WLL'" <w7wll@arrl.net>, "'Towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Right Angle Connectors
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 21:52:01 -0500
Don,

The biggest thing to look out for in a right angle connector is how the male
pin is attached inside. The good ones screw into the arm that is part of the
female side.
Some junk connectors have a spring in there and the pin is pressed in. avoid
these!

For HF work I would not worry too much if it is amphenol or not.

Look up maxgain systems, they carry some very reasonable import connectors
that are very good. The guy is very particular what he sells.

73
Gary  K4FMX