Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Good quality (NOT DIY) inexpensive Hard line

To: Jerry Gardner <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>, TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: Good quality (NOT DIY) inexpensive Hard line connectors
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 09:50:27 -0700
It depends on what is needed. 7/16 DIN connectors are readily available on ebay for popular hardline sizes. Connectors from Andrew/Commscope, other US and EU makers and of course Chinese. I've shopped deeply into the listings and rarely paid more than $8 each for Andrew, usually buying in quantity or via "make offer" on all available from a seller.

Since 7/16 DIN are the standard in the cell industry, I suspect production of them FAR exceeds the demand for UHF, and maybe even N's. DIN's are a superior connector in all regards. Since hardline is going to go to an entry bulkhead or RG8 size jumper to gear/antennas, N and UHF terminations aren't needed. The "length made to order" LMR400 DIN to UHF jumpers I've bought from a USA ebay supplier have been nicely made, and very quickly delivered at pretty good prices.

There is so much "headroom" for a 7/16 DIN in amateur applications that I'm very happy with some Chinese versions, just look carefully at the plating specs for the center pins.

For new production hardline e.g. 7/8" AVA5, it is hard to find < $15 real Andrew. LDF4 connectors are widely available in almost all configurations.

Grant KZ1W

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-CA-LMR400-PL259-UHF-MALE-to-DIN-7-16-MALE-Coaxial-RF-Pigtail-Cable-/371303924873?var=&hash=item5673704489:m:m2D85KEUXnQzoxMF8dchqGw