Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors, weatherproofing

To: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@dccnet.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors, weatherproofing
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 00:04:21 -0400
Hi Ralph,

I'm glad to hear that the tape worked well for you. I've got several rolls that I'm looking to try.

What kind of shape was it in when you cut it off of the connector? Was it still pliable?

Since we're on the subject, I cut open a 7 year old connection, today, utilizing Scotch 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape. I was pleasantly surprised.

Here are some photos: http://www.w4abc.com/Scotch2228.html

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC

www.w4abc.com