Re: [TowerTalk] Strategy for Erecting Large Yagi

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Strategy for Erecting Large Yagi
From: Jerry Gardner <jerryw6uv@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 19:35:58 -0700
On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:20 PM, <john@kk9a.com> wrote:

> Nice antenna! At my Aruba home I had a small yard with a large Jacuzzi in
> the middle.  I built all of my antennas on the house roof of the house and
> depending on the tower I either pulled them straight up or trammed them.
> Another option is build it in your front yard or roof and use a crane.
> Assembling it on the tower would be tough.

The roof of my house is pitched, not flat, and is tile, so walking on it
will break the tiles.

The front yard is actually big enough to build the antenna, except that
smack in the middle is a large "island" made out of brick that's planted
with trees. The TH-7DX fit in one corner of the yard, but the OB17-4 won't.
Perhaps it will without the 40M elements. I'll have to get out the
measuring tape and measure it this weekend.

73,
Jerry