Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Change in Frequency As Antenna Height Rises
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 22:06:59 +0100
It's clearly not as simple as a "capacitance to ground" effect.

The cyclic nature of the resonant frequency vs height, plus the fact that it is more pronounced over better-conducting ground, suggests to me that is related to the "interference" effect outlined in the ARRL Antenna Book in the section "The effects of Ground in the Reactive Near Field".

Steve G3TXQ