[TowerTalk] K0XG and grounding

To: "tower" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K0XG and grounding
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 19:55:34 -0400
I have a used K0XG rotating tower system... so I don’t have info on how install
this thing.... I’m mechanically inclined but am curious how one grounds the
tower with one of these!? I had a RTS system before and it has a center
connection of 4 braided cables that connected to each leg ... but there you
were looking at these cables being maybe 18” long tops – with the K0XG the base
of the tower is 4’ off the ground (and “isolated” by the bearing).

I had thought about coming off each leg (with what I’m not sure yet) down to a
ring of #4 stranded that ‘sits’ on the concrete pads – connecting at the
cardinal points (and the 4th point would go directly to the lower framework,
below the bearing) ... caldwell at each of these includes a wire going out to
each of 4 ground rods spaced away from the tower and from each other (2X
rule)...

but that wire coming off the leg is LONG and needs to be flexible...

Gary
K9RX