Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns

To: Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fair rite materials for choke baluns
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2016 19:30:49 -0700

On 7/5/2016 7:25 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:

##  Ok, what happens when cores ARE saturated... but with minimal heating
involved ?    I cant  see the SWR changing  on a  CMC.... but I can see the
CMC  ceasing to work, and   CM  currents increasing a bunch.  IOW,  it
might be like the  CMC  isnt even there.  Once saturated, will the CMC
function again,  if power is reduced, or say after a period of  time.

Jim   VE7RF

My current transformer was permanently disabled by a single
incident of core saturation.  It might have been revived
by heating above the curie temperature.

Rick N6RK