Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] re AES SK
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 22:19:02 -0400
>I took my Novice test the same day Terry Sterman took his at the Milwaukee
Court House back in 1953.  We were both very young teenagers.

My OM, W9EAC would have just preceded you in 1947 while living on the south
side of Milwaukee.  My first recollection of the Milwaukee store on Fon du
Lac Avenue was at age 4 or 5.  It was a cold evening and I distinctly
remember my OM loading a large box into our 1959 Chevy Impala.  Years later,
after I was licensed, he told me what he purchased that night.  It was a
Knight-kit T-150A transmitter that he never did like -- mostly because of
problems with VFO drift and key clicks that he eventually solved.

Many more purchases through my teen years while living in Northern Illinois.
My last visit there was in 1978 when I purchased a Yaesu FT-101EE.  Between
these two events, I recall a very large selection of used equipment on the
shelves - National, Collins, Hammarlund, and endless Hallicrafters gear.

This article may be of interest for those who remember the "King of
Traders.":

https://www.aesham.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/terrysterman.pdf

Paul, W9AC