Re: [TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed

To: jbwolf@comcast.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Log Periodic Feed
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 09:16:33 -0700

On 7/8/2016 7:04 AM, James Wolf wrote:

This is my current approach.  Unfortunately, there is not enough clearance

Your current approach is to drop the feedline down and run it parallel
a foot below the booms back to the mast and then down to ground?
Is that right?  What is you don't like about doing that?

Do not connect anything to the booms (except at the feedpoint at
the front) and do not run any conductors near them.

to run the coax through the boom to the back of the antenna due to the way
the elements connect to the boom.   However, what if I were to electrically

No, I wouldn't recommend running the coax through a boom even if
it were mechanically possible.

Rick N6RK