Re: [TowerTalk] Portable analyzers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Portable analyzers
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 08:14:06 -0400
Hardy,

I have an AA-30. It's been with me up and down the tower, in the field and on two big DXpeditions in the far Pacific. Easy to use and adjust and very convenient to carry.

Normally I use it for readings. On occasion, I do connect it to a laptop to record readings for baseline comparison at a later date. I now use this as my go to SWR meter and have gotten rid of everything else except an AIM 4170 which offers more detail but requires a PC.

I won this one at Dayton about 5 years ago. If I were buying one now, I might get a higher end model but the AA-30 works fine for me.

Les W2LK