Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher comparrison

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher comparrison
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 23:31:17 -0700
My ME always claimed the last turn on any nut, lockwasher or not, will strip the bolt/screw or snap it off. Of course, without the last turn, the nut will fall off, with or without a lockwasher. I found that to be true only once in awhile, but I learned quickly to check the bolts (and lockwashers) holding my T2X in place at least once a summer, as there was always one coming loose it seemed.

I also learned it was a mistake to allow any mechanical object to realize I was in a hurry.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: jimlux