Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lockwasher Comparison
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 09:10:26 -0700
FWIW, I retired from Chevron after 28 years. Worked in three of their oil refineries and
the last 7 years at their Research Center in Richmond, CA.
On mechanical fasteners used on vibrating machinery, pumps, compressors, etc. Red locktite was the standard along with proper torquing. It should be mentioned in this discussion that you should find the correct torque specification and use a torque wrench to tighten the bolted connections too. Red locktite and proper torquing should give you positive results on all but the most severe connections. Having said that, I am impressed with the NordLock washers and am trying them out on my Orion 2800. From what I learned they should be the ultimate in locking. I will report back in about 10 years and let you know how my OR 2800 bolts are doing. :-)

Bob
K6UJ