Re: [TowerTalk] Flaky dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Flaky dipole
From: Tom Osborne <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 17:38:38 -0700
Hi Tin

Wonder what kind of ladder line you are using.

Some of that stuff with the solid core wire corrodes pretty bad.  It is
copperweld and if you scrape off the copper, the steel under will rust.  I
had that problem here and the problem was that where the ladder line
connected to the antenna, it got really rusty and ugly.  Had to take it all
apart and clean it up good.  73 and GL

Tom W7WHY