Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel PST61 Control Box problem

To: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Prosistel PST61 Control Box problem
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 16:29:16 -0400
The video is consistent with my experience with damaged pots.

It has been a 4-year saga with the PST61D. It is rated at 36 sq.ft of wind
load, but in practice this rating is just a wishful thinking.

I rotate a 4 el 40m M2 yagi and a 6 el KT36XA M2 tribander. Total wind load is
within the rotator's specifications.  However, the rotator casing is not
designed adequately and the two halves rotate a tiny little bit when the
rotator starts and stops.

As a result, the 4 bolts that keep the two halves together elongate their
holes. Further, the gasket between the halves disintegrates. The end result is
water and dirt accumulating over the pot and eventually damaging the pot.

This happened to me 3 times. A very clever friend of mine found a solution
where he attached brackets to the rotator enclosure and braced it to the tower
legs. The enclosure no longer moves.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate
autocorrect.