Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR survivability?

To: W3YY <w3yy@cox.net>, K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SteppIR survivability?
From: Alan Swinger <awswinger@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2016 15:24:45 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Have also experienced occasional 70+ mph winds here in VA, but always crank the
tower down to 25 ft since I have that option.
Also helps to re-paint the fiberglass element tubes with quality Marine (non
metallic) paint every 3-5 yrs to offset the UV deterioration. Paint comes in
the original Green color and boat stores carry. Bought a couple of quarts at
Gander Mountain, who shipped direct to the house. Have touched up (repainted)
twice and still have 1 1/2 qts left!
73,
Alan K9MBQ