[TowerTalk] 6m quad

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 6m quad
From: greenacres113@charter.net
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2016 08:31:04 -0500

        If you always wanted to try a quad go ahead. If you just want a 6m
ant. I would recommend building the W5WVO 5 el. 5 el on an 18' boom.
It's really an extension of the Cushcraft 5 el on a 12' boom.. Lots of
6m guys use it. The comparison charts show it holds it's own against
bigger yagis.

        I was very fortunate to buy a 5 el 10m yagi on a 24' boom at a
Hamfest for $100. My friend W4HLR cut it down for 6m. I ended up with
a heavy duty antenna. The elements & boom are much stronger than a
normal 6m commercial yagi. It is a very good antenna. I have it at
50'. Howard has since built two more & stacked them at his QTH.

        It is a very effective antenna. Especially if you are a 6m DXer. Mine
hardly wiggles in a 20=30 MPH wind. I believe it will survive very
strong WX.

        Anyway, GL on the antenna project.

        K9IL