Re: [TowerTalk] Bracketed but Unguyed Monopole

To: "'WT4BT-Barclay Thomas'" <wt4bt@blomand.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bracketed but Unguyed Monopole
From: "Steve Jones" <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 14:31:00 -0700
Mac-

I had a 40' tall Rohn 25 supporting my 2-element cubical quad for many years.
No guy wires.  Survived 75 mph gusts.  It had a house bracket under the eaves.

If your soil is a problem you might be able to put in a "mat foundation" which
spreads the weight horizontally instead of going down into the earth.  That
would depend on how much room you have next to the house foundation for the mat.

73,
Steve
N6SJ