[TowerTalk] vertical lighting protection

To: Tower Talk <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] vertical lighting protection
From: Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 21:48:48 -0300
Hello

I have vertical connected to an antenna switch. I use to disconnect the
coaxial that go from radial plate to antenna switch. I disconnect it in the
radial plate, this is to protect if a storm when I am not in the station.

A friend told me to shorten the antenna to the radial plate with a piece of
wire and crocodile lugs, instead of disconnecting the coaxial.

This will be OK to protect antenna switch to be damaged if some lighting go
from the antenna to the antenna switch?

thanks!

Jorge
CX6VM/CW5W