Re: [TowerTalk] SWR and voltage

To: "Towertalk@contesting.com" <Towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR and voltage
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:38:43 +0100
Steve,

Firstly your figures are out for the 50 Ohm system; the figures are 273.9V and 5.5A

Once the SWR is no longer 1:1, there is an infinite range of impedances for any particular SWR, and therefore an infinite range of voltages and currents for a dissipation of 1500W. However, here are the upper and lower limits:

2:1 SWR: 387.3V / 3.9A thru 193.6V / 7.7A

3:1 SWR: 474.3V / 3.2A thru 158.1V / 9.5A

Steve G3TXQ