Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting a pre-built section of tower using a crane - how

To: "Fred Keen" <fredkeen@ymail.com>, "R Morris" <robrk@nidhog.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Lifting a pre-built section of tower using a crane - how to strap it off
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 13:46:18 -0400
well – actually I hadn’t thought too much about that! I thought we’d be able to
lift it to the crane once it was up high enough. If we have 4 guys on it I’d
guess the weight at the end is going to be around 400# so that shouldn’t be too
difficult. Basically we’d just be taking some of the weight off the legs ...
Maybe I need to dig under that base and somehow strap a 3/4” ply board under it
to use as a sled... Or have a 4x4 going through the tower near the base and 3
guys on either side of it ... thanks!

g.