Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being l

To: rxdesign@ssvecnet.com, n0ost99@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: TexasRF--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:33:54 -0400
Just thinking here: With 400 pounds of dead weight resting on two legs,
that is 200 pounds on each leg. Can you stand on one leg of a 55G section
without bending it? Yes, of course you can, so that seems safe.

The other consideration though is if the section was dropped and landed on
the end of the leg, the shock could bend the leg(s). So, one would hope the
 crane operator does not let that happen.

At least your plywood pieces would act as a sort of shock absorber in case
something happens. Perhaps a couple helpers with ropes tied to the end of
the  section could help control undesired motion.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 10/14/2016 12:12:13 P.M. Central Daylight Time,