Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being l

To: "towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legs of a 60' piece of tower being dragged while being lifted
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 07:29:44 -0400
Hi Grant,

Indeed it was about one ring - and that ring is near the top (48' level of a 60' stick) ...and determining the COG isn't that difficult at all using sum of moments. It should be pretty straight forward. Assuming he booms out as he lifts to keep it on a radius, which is the key, there will always be a force at the end pushing it down in to the ground so again assuming he booms out as he lifts on a radius it should stay planted. Not that difficult I'd guess for an experienced operator. I've seen them place something within an inch of where you need it at a distance of 100' from where they sit ... that stated I will try to get something under the legs as it will more than likely get dragged at least a little.

Gary
K9RX

-----Original Message----- From: Grant Saviers