Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying some antenna pieces

To: Ken K6MR <k6mr@outlook.com>, TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need help identifying some antenna pieces
From: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2016 21:50:10 -0700
​Hello Ken.

It looks like you might be right!  I did a google when you said Cliff
Dweller by New-Tronic and January 1963 issue of 73 magazine popped up.  I
pulled it up and it is an ad on page 6.  It only really shows the center
section but that is it.  Not sure where there are 2 slightly different ones
in this stack.  What I do not have is the "resonance and band switching
control" it mentions.  I also see a google link to:
http://lists.contesting.com/_towertalk/2004-07/msg00740.html
whereNorm Freidin VE3CZI said he had gotten the documentation but that was
in 2004. I am also not sure what "extension arms" he was talking about.

Also one google link said it is a vertical.  I doubt that it got used as a
vertical but maybe.  I am not sure what the band switch box would have to
be to even try this thing to see if it works.  The one message also said
that the motor used some proprietary gears and parts and those died and
most never got replaced.

If anyone has the documentation I would be interested in seeing that.

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt
WA7DUY

​