Re: [TowerTalk] Stacked Four Squares

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stacked Four Squares
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 14:09:37 -0300
WL (Wilson Lamb)....callsign?

Imagine one 4-square.....now imagine another 4-square beside it.(perhaps
5/8wl away).....now imagine another beside that one.......and a 4th.

16 elements in all..Four 4-squares in all.

All these 4 squares are in a "line" going (roughly) from the NW to the
SE.....so, in my mind, the 16element array (if I built it that large) would
(probably) be best to the NE and SW as all arrays will see the same
wavefront in those 2 prime directions from here in NB..just NE of the State
of Maine.  Ie: I 'believe' it will be best to the USA and EU.

To repeat, yes a yagi or 2 would be better. Yes, an 8ele circle array would
maybe be better.

I simply am not going to build either of those.  No towers here and not much
room left in my woods.

I was really just after answers whether anyone had stacked 4 squares in this
matter on the HIGH bands.

As a bonus, I image I could beam in 2 or 3 directions at a same, or at least
aim one to the SE for PY's etc. on occasion.

Thanks

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB