Re: [TowerTalk] up/down switch needed for US Tower HDX589

To: K6UJ Bob Harmon <k6uj599@gmail.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] up/down switch needed for US Tower HDX589
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 08:13:05 -0800
That switch merely controls relay coil current.
The relays do the heavy work.  You don't need
a lot of current rating.

Rick N6RK

On 11/25/2016 3:24 PM, K6UJ Bob Harmon wrote:
The up/down switch on the control box for my US Tower HDX589-MDPL needs to
be be replaced.  I may call US Tower next week and see if they have a
replacement switch but I removed it and it doesn't look to be anything
special.  I'm pretty sure it is a 3-pole double throw toggle switch.
Its hard to read the info on the switch but it looks like it is rated for
10A 250VAC  and 15A 120VAC.  Cant make out the other info.
Anyone replace one of these ?  I dont have the schematic for the
control box which would help to figure it out.

Bob
K6UJ