[TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 el overhaul cost?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR 4 el overhaul cost?
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2016 15:49:14 -0600
I'm the new trustee for the National Weather Center/OU Amateur Radio Club. We have a 4 el SteppIR that has suffered the loss of half of two elements. We need to get it down and work on it, but as I go hunting for $ to do the work, I need an idea of roughly what I can expect it to cost. I know some out there have done such overhauls. The antenna has been up for about 10 years and the elements failed several moths ago. How much work will this be and what do you thin it will cost?

Kim N5OP

--

Kim Elmore, Ph.D. (Adj. Assoc. Prof., OU School of Meteorology, CCM, PP SEL/MEL/Glider, N5OP, 2nd Class Radiotelegraph, GROL)

/"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." //– Attributed to many people; it’s so true that it doesn’t matter who said it./