Re: [TowerTalk] Screened walls and floors

To: Chris Hoelzle <choelzle@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screened walls and floors
From: Ron Young <youngron@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 14:57:03 -0500
Chris,
A true screen room must have all cables in and out, including power, grounded
to the screen and filtered if not coax. A screen room is needed for working on
sensitive equipment when it is unshielded (covers removed). If your ham shack
is using good coax, shielded switches, shielded antenna tuners, well designed
rigs, etc, about the only way for interference (RFI) to get into your receiver
is via the antenna.

Rather waste money on a copper screen room I would put that money into
recommended grounding system/lightning protection, quality coax, RFI sniffing
equipment (portable VHF AM receiver with small Yagi at a minimum).
73, Ron W8RJL

Sent from my iPhone