Re: [TowerTalk] Which Thrust Bearing to Use

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which Thrust Bearing to Use
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 11:55:51 -0500
I have much less mast inside the tower but I concur that there is no
reason to have three bearings on the mast (two thrust plus the rotator).

John KK9A

To:     Jorge Diez - CX6VM <cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com>
From:   George Dubovsky <n4ua.va@gmail.com>
Date:   Fri, 9 Dec 2016 10:51:03 -0500

Jorge,

If this question is directed at me, no, I only use a bearing/bushing at the
top of the tower. I generally have at least 10 feet of mast (~3m) inside
the tower and I have always thought that the alignment issues with 2
bearings and a rotator was not worth any perceived benefit.

73,

geo - n4ua