[TowerTalk] FW: Antenna resonance question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Antenna resonance question
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 13:06:59 -0600
Sorry - I should have provided more info.  I'm trying to assess the impact
of this TX antenna on the performance of some other receive antennas by
modeling the site.  I am thinking I can get a somewhat valid prediction from
the model by adjusting the model height of the TX antenna to its actual
resonance.  I just don't know if the tuning stubs will change the resonance
of the antenna itself?   Does this sound like a valid methodology?

Thanks for any information & insight you can offer.

Matt
KM5VI

>> Matt,

>> I don't understand what you're asking. Stub matching is a good thing and
I use it on several of my antennas, but I don't understand what you're
trying to accomplish with the 50 ohm dummy load. The way to test your system
is to connect the feedline to a transmitter (or test instrument) with the
stub in place and measure the SWR in the shack.