[TowerTalk] Multiband yagi w/ 2 el 40m suggestion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiband yagi w/ 2 el 40m suggestion
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 09:44:27 -0800
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 16:02:36 -0500
From: K7LXC@aol.com
To: towertalk@contesting.com, mdalton816@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Multiband yagi w/ 2 el 40m suggestion

>  I'm looking for options for a multi-band yagi (either  10,15,20 or
10,12,15,17,20) that includes 2 el on 40m that could be installed  on a
medium duty 50'-60' crank-up while keeping in mind the smallest  footprint
possible for a city lot. I'm know Optibeam has several options and  I think
Force-12 has one. Are there any other manufacturers that I'm missing?  I'm
trying to gather all my options and compare the specs.

    If it was me, I'd get a 3L SteppIR with the 30/40M  trombone element.
Lots of band coverage and a monobander at all frequencies!  Can't beat that
and it fits your smallest footprint parameter. I think they have  one with 3
trombone elements that would result in significantly reduced element
lengths.

    I don't remember the specifics but I think Force 12  has a couple of
models that fit your criteria. I'm not a big fan of their linear  loading
scheme but they seem to work.

    FYI for a rundown of a bunch of tribanders with  measured on-the-air
performance, get a copy of our on-the-air tribander  comparison report. It'll
give you some insight on which manufacturers offer  decent antennas and
which ones don't. It's available from championradio.com.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
and
Champion Radio Products
Cell; 206-890-4188

##  JK  mid tri-40      https://jkantennas.com/jkmidtri.html  albeit
expensive..and heavy...buts its done on NEC-4.
40-20-15-10m

##  BTW,  f12 has not used  Linear loading in a long time.  Their real  old
yagis and rotary 40m dipoles can have the LL wires
swapped out to coils.

Jim  VE7RF