Re: [TowerTalk] Double Coax Runs to Reduce Loss?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Double Coax Runs to Reduce Loss?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:22:19 -0800
On Wed,12/21/2016 3:09 PM, Jim Thomson wrote:
##  75 ohm, kw rated twinlead would have been a lot lighter.

Is this still manufactured? Belden discontinued it several decades ago. I found a 250 ft spool NOS at the Milwaukee hamfest in the '70s and added to my stash, figuring I would sometime find a use for it. I did, nearly 30 years later, to feed a dipole that I also wanted to load as a Tee vertical. I still have that line. I also have a few short lengths of heavily used Amphenol that's similar to it.

The Belden cable has fairly low loss at low frequencies, but rises quickly above 10 MHz.

73, Jim K9YC