Re: [TowerTalk] Bare copper/enameled ground wire...my last comment...pro

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bare copper/enameled ground wire...my last comment...probably
From: <lstoskopf@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 19:46:08 -0500
Scraping the enamel off was intended to be a joke.  Sorry.  Oh yes, some
antenna books for years said that you should pour copper sullfate around your
ground rod to improve the ground.  Presumably they were talking RF, not
lightning.  So I really want my radials to corrode into the soil to improve the
ground conductivity.  Check with me in 15 years and we'll see if it works.
Until then I've nothing more to say on this.

N0UU