Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Solar Panel RFI/Microinverters
From: Charles Farr <cefarr@hughes.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2017 05:27:10 -0800
I also have an 8 Kw PV array. I have one big inverter (which) likely has several inverter units inside the cabinet. When it was being installed, I had the solar provider do the research and to provide the emission data for the unit. Mine was made in Germany, so the specs were pretty good. I can detect no attributable RFI/EFI from my installation. Not all this stuff is created equal. If you contemplate adding solar to your home, be sure to stipulate that the equipment is clean, or that it be made clean as part of the installation. I was lucky in that the owner was and EE and we could talk on that level. Very happy with my system and no change to my very quiet RF environment. YMMV.

Chuck, W6AJW