[TowerTalk] Which Balun?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Which Balun?
From: Jim Pruitt <jpruitt67@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 17:38:22 -0800
With Chris having his ground hog day sale I am trying to figure out what is
the best toroid to use for baluns.  I had seen some using the FT240-61
toroids but when I asked some about it I was told not to use those but just
use T200-2's.  I also saw one article that used an expensive Amadon T400A-2
toroid.  Someone else said to use the FT240-43.  Or should I got for the
FT240-31?.  Someone else said to use the one that Radiowavz uses which is a
yellow core with a white back and I would read that as a 49 mix but I am
probably wrong.  Can someone enlighten me on what toroid to use to make HF
baluns (2 to 30mhz).  Also what is the best type balun to use for balanced
dipoles?  I have been being told to use a voltage balun and yet reading
would indicate a current balun.  Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Jim Pruitt