Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Epoxy for Pier pin in Rohn concrete base

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk] Epoxy for Pier pin in Rohn concrete base
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 01:55:55 +0000
There is no tension on a pier pin, only shear, and hopefully not much if the
tower is plumb and the guy tensions are equal.  The only purpose of an adhesive
in this application is to keep someone from pulling the pin out. Otherwise
epoxy adds nothing to the structural integrity. To illustrate the point (I
don't recommend doing this) you could drop it in the hole and tack weld it to
the tower base only and you would accomplish the goal.

Al
AB2ZY