[TowerTalk] Vertical insulated base material question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical insulated base material question
From: RLVZ--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 16:31:11 -0500
Hi Guys,

I'm building an 80m. 1/4 Vertical using a tapered Aluminum 32' tower  at
the base and telescoping aluminum tubing on the top to achieve a 67'  length.
It will be lightweight and probably self-supporting up  to 40-50mph but for
safety I'll guy the tower at the 30' level with  non-conductive guy lines.

I'd like this to be an "insulated base" tower and am wondering if I could
attach the base of the tower to treated 4"x4" wooden posts in cement and
achieve  sufficient RF insulation from ground?  I plan to use stainless steel
bolts to attach the base of the tower to the 4" treated wooden posts.
Please advise if you have any first hand experience using wood or treated wood
as the insulated base of a Vertical?  Or if no first hand experience, do
you believe wood will give adequate RF isolation from earth?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM