Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Insurance
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 22:23:47 -0500
I had the ARRL insurance for a number of years and I especially felt good
about it when I had some equipment stored in another country. If you are a
homeowner it is probably double insurance but nice if you do not wish to
make a claim on your home policy which may result in higher rates or being
dropped.  Insurance companies in some states really don't like people who
make claims. I am not sure how cost effective it is, the premiums seem
pretty high.  As Jim said, it does not offer liability. Once I tried to get
liability coverage on two towers that I owned in Aruba which were still up
after I sold the property and I was unsuccessful.

John KK9A