[TowerTalk] Bringing back key/control lines back to the shack and termin

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Bringing back key/control lines back to the shack and terminating them
From: Simon Lewis <zl4plm@outlook.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:27:31 +0000
Hey all

I am in the process of rebuilding my station at my new QTH post earthquakes here

One topic I have been looking into recently is the ability to bring key/control
lines back from my VHF-SHF arrays back to the shack

What do you guys do when faced with so many control lines??

For example

One mast alone has!

144   mast head preamp  12V DC line (2 lines)  + keying line ( 2 lines )

432  masthead preamp   12V DC line (2 lines)  + keying line ( 2 lines )

1296 masthead preamp/amp  12V DC line (2 lines)  + keying line ( 2 lines ) +
28V DC line (2 lines)

Rotator ( SPID -  4 DC wires – 4 pulse wires for direction Screened)

So one mast alone has 22 wires for either DC / control / key lines!

The other mast will be just as bad with 3400, 5760, 10g and 24g on it!

I shall install power to the base of the mast so I can minimise DC runs for
transverters etc

But does anyone else bus bars for this kind of job?

Preferably something with transient protection on it ??

Any suggestions gratefully received – interested in what some of the bigger
stations are using !

Cheers

Simon ZL4PLM