Re: [TowerTalk] Burying radials

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Burying radials
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2017 19:21:19 -0400
I put down 180 radials for 40m (3 verticals - 60 each) .. in less than an hour no digging .. just mowed the grass to the roots ... laid the radials on the ground and pinned them down. Put down another 180 radials for my 3 80m verticals in about 90 minutes using the same method
The radials have been down for about 9 years now with not one problem.
73
Don
N8DE

uoting greenacres113@charter.net:

        We used a Troybilt walk edger. Depth adjustable. We went 3.5''. Took
abt 10 mins to dig 66' line for radials for our HyTower. We made slit,
cut the radial wire & buried 25 over 2 days.

        K9IL