Re: [TowerTalk] Shallow burying coax/conduit -- another method

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shallow burying coax/conduit -- another method
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 16:32:48 -0400
When we put in the new, 200A service, I ran about 110-120 feet of 4" PVC conduit from the pole to the service entrance. I rented a skid steer trencher with a platform on the back for the operator stood on, from an equipment rental place. Home Depot, or :owe's didn't have one that big. I don't remember the width of the trench, but I do remember breaking two shear pins getting diagonally across the driveway. I had a good size messenger cable in there too. I remember how happy that made the power company crew. They just had to put lots of snot...er cable pulling soap on the three 00 Cu cables and pull. The did pull their own, still larger, messenger cable in first though. That was not a 5 minute job <:-)

73, Roger (K8RI)