Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar or no rebar

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rebar or no rebar
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 05:54:28 -0400
On 5/14/17 7:41 PM, Mike Ricketts wrote:
Looking at the plans, the foundation (5x5x6) calls for only the 3 base
legs, and no rebar is specified.

In 1972, I put up a used Heights 64' tower. All their specs at the time required was 4'x4'x4' of concrete, no rebar. Actually I put it up at two different locations. It is amazing to me how the base requirements have increased over the years. But no one remembers any of the old bases failing. Now that same tower requires twice as much concrete plus rebar.

Ken WA8JXM