Re: [TowerTalk] lightning protection at towers and bunkers on former AT&

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] lightning protection at towers and bunkers on former AT&T microwave relay sites
From: n4zkf <towertalk@n4zkf.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 07:33:05 -0400
David is correct. We bought all those towers several years ago. There are
only a handful in the country of the long-lines still in use. But they did
not work. Ground ring and bonding does. I took a direct hit on a vertical
while talking on the radio last year. My neighbors found pieces all over
the block of the antenna but the radio still works till this day. The
local hams now believe me when it comes to grounding.

73 Dave n4zkf
CC-Cluster node: 145.07 Mhz. or telnet://ccc.n4zkf.com:7373
N4ZKF/R 147.375 Mhz. Tone 103.5