Re: [TowerTalk] OT - Tri-band Coupled Resonator Antenna Design

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT - Tri-band Coupled Resonator Antenna Design
From: Clay Autery <cautery@montac.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 18:20:13 -0500
Hey Jim....  Forget the GP-15...  That's not why I started this thread...

This particular 6m/2m/70cm triband vertical dipole is intended for
MOSTLY repeater use on ALL THREE bands here locally.... Sep antenna for
the 6m Motorola, 2m/70cm radio, etc....  I'm designing it so that it has
a nominal 50 Ohm impedance and low SWR in the desired bandwidth so the
non-tuner radios will work well.
I will be able to access it via the K3s for 6m/2m if required...
anywhere on the band should be able to tune "OK" with the K3's onboard ATU.

Question:  Would you have a favorite 1:1 choke design for placement at
the feedpoint?  And I'm probably going to put another one at the 6m 1/4
wave point just for good measure.

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises