Re: [TowerTalk] Yet another used W51 (base/foundation) ??? de K6LPM

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yet another used W51 (base/foundation) ??? de K6LPM
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 17:17:26 -0700
I needed a new base for my WT-51 when I first moved it from Portland to the OR coast. Looked at the base dwg I had, figured how much time, labor, material, and new swear words it would take me to build it. Ha, I may be old but I'm also lazy. Took the dwg up to a local fleet machine/welding shop and they knocked one out in a day for a little over $200. Included in the deal was free coffee, a couple of doughnuts and entry to a new set of friends who have now done a lot of custom work for me at very fair prices. And they are certified and highly experienced in working with SS's and marine grade al u min ni um (known as aloom na num to most Americans).

All I had to do was get the hold dug by some young bucks looking for beer money, build the wood alignment hanger, and pour concrete (from a truck of course).

Never looked back.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: KJ6Y--- via TowerTalk