Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Load Ratings

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna & Tower Wind Load Ratings
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 00:56:01 -0400
Just write a formula for the wind speed Vs height, which is more or less linear with exceptions with heavy woods and close by buildings. Do the same with crank-ups where ea section is a constant size, but different from the others You can do sections and add the results . Formulas can be combined as well. I "used to be" good at deriving formulas, but made mistakes (usually dumb mistakes) with the numbers.

In grad school, (Computer Science) we had to write algorithms, then convert them to a mathematical formula. This is "similar" to antennas and towers. That similar is important, meaning it's almost the same, but different.

Over engineer is usually the safe way<:-) That's why I like the flat plate area for antennas.

73, Roger (K8RI)