Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Yagi

To: jbwolf@comcast.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Yagi
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:45:31 -0700
There are three W6NL Moxon designs available if you look on the web, particularly the K3LR Dayton Antenna Forum presentations. I've built two of the original 120mph "scratch" designs. Later came XM-240 modified aluminum for K3LR and then a strengthened version for him. AFAIK, they are still in use in a stack at K3LR. Mine is still up at 91' and used in conteests but a full size 3L 40m beast is 50' higher and is my go to DX antenna. I wouldn't call any of the W6NL Moxon designs "compact 40's" due to the footprint of the antenna on the ground with the Moxon tips and the turning radius. google "w6nl moxon"

Generally, it seems coil loading has supplanted linear loading. JKantennas has both a compact coil loaded and compact coil plus Moxon 40m in their catalog. The mechanical engineering is 1st class.

Grant KZ1W