Re: [TowerTalk] Snap-on Ferrites

To: towertalk@contesting.com, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Snap-on Ferrites
From: "john@kk9a.com" <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 10:05:56 -0400
A lot of the examples on K9YC's site show snap-on ferrites. Also the part
numbers for some snap-on models are shown in your "Ferrites useful to hams
for suppression and chokes" list. Of course we know from Jim's site that
to be effective at HF they require multiple turns. No reason was given by
WB8IMY as to why they were not effective and I assumed that they were
wrapped the same way that the solid cores were in his examples.

John KK9A