Re: [TowerTalk] Material Type Numbers

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Material Type Numbers
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2017 18:34:10 -0700
On Tue,6/20/2017 2:56 PM, jimlux wrote:
BTW, you want the 1988 edition, not the 1969 edition (I can't believe people are selling the older one for >$100...)

I borrowed it on a interlibrary loan.

Unless you're affiliated with a major institution, this isn't an option for most of us. KC9GLI, then on faculty at U of Chicago, found the first edition in a sub-basement of the engineering library. He checked it out and loaned it to me for a few months. I photocopied a few dozen pages that were of greatest interest to me. That was the source of what I know (and have published) on the very important topic of dimensional resonance.

I've never seen a copy of the 2nd edition. At the 2005 IEEE EMC Society annual meeting in Chicago, sales folks in the booth of a major ferrite mfr (Siemens?) told me that they had bought the entire remaining stock of the 1989 edition and given them to their customers. Nice of them. Someone sent me a link to a pdf, but I've managed to lose it.

73, Jim K9YC