Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Interesting Site

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Interesting Site
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 07:42:46 -0500
In the olden days the thinking was that a vertical conductor (your tower) provided a "Cone of Protection" with a 30 degree cone angle so protection at ground level was out to a radial distance of 1/2 the tower height. This sort of a rule of thumb offered no iron clad guarantee but sort of worked. If your new 40 ft tower's top is above the cone of protection from the other towers don't rely on their protection.

Patrick        NJ5G